Sunday, November 28, 2010

Social Media to Come (The Future of the Advancement of Social Media)

     Where will social media be ten years from now? Prior to writing this current blog post, I came across this blog entitled, "What's the Future of Social Media?". I was definitely interested in the blog because I was preparing for this blog post. The blog includes a list of three things that social media would be affected by in the years to come.
     The first point was, Complete decentralization of social networks: The concept of a friend network will be a portable experience. I took this a meaning, the ways of accessing social networks will advance to portable form, which is already has. The advancement of technology has created ways that, in my opinion, has popularized social media. For example, modern cellular phones, specifically smart phones, have things called "applications" that are applied to the mobile device. The application is software that is usually downloaded and used as a direct link to a certain websites, books, games, etc. This is very accessible for those who are frequent social networkers.
     I personally, have an iPhone, and I am available the purchase and download applications to a network that I am most familiar with, Facebook. With the press of one button I can immediately go to this network as much as I want. I believe that this make certain social networks more popular, because they are easily accessible. I have become a frequent "twitterer" because of the fact that I can access it at any point. Twitter is a social network that enables its users to send and read other users' messages called tweets. I have known about Twittter for about 3 years now but just recently became a fan. Most tweets contain people's thoughts, their where abouts, random information, etc. I am the type of person that he I can not be fully involved in something I do not want to be involved as much. However, after I received my application software filled Mobile device I definitely wanted to be a part of the the "twitter society", so to speak.
     Portability is just one aspect of the advancement of social networks, and I am sure that there is more to come with the extremely popular form of entertainment and communication via Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment