With the topic "social media" fresh on my mind, I became more, and more curious. I wanted to know more about it. Not just the history of social media such as who started it when it began and why, but specifically how has it advanced over the years and its different aspects.
When I googled the term social media, one of the websites that comes up is socialmedia.com. When I first saw this website I thought maybe this is a website that had something to do with the different types of social media networks, and their components. However, it seemed to be something totally different. The website socialmedia.com is basically a website for people powered advertising. According to Kurt Abrahamson, "SocialMedia.com increases advertising effectiveness by incorporating social features and functions into conventional online creative units." This website allows online retailers to publish high-performing ads to be viewed for specific products. It was started in 2007 and has been successful for four years now.
No comments:
Post a Comment