Sunday, October 24, 2010

Social Smack

     There are many different aspects of social networking. As I have discussed in previous blogs, social networks are used to expand ways of communicating on different levels, business, dating, friendships etc. Ultimately "networking" is simply finding ways to meet certain  people as well as finding ways to benefit  from these relationships.
    As my friends and I were searching through YouTube videos, we came across a group of people discussing something called "social smack". Social Smack is a community for the passionate consumer, to talk smack about the things that you buy, see and do on an everyday basis. When I first heard about this network I felt as though it was a ridiculous way for people to broadcast their feelings about specific people whom they may not care much for or have some sort of vengeance toward.
     Basically the site is used for people to talk "smack" not only about people but about companies, products, etc. In my opinion, I feel as though this stage of the advancement of social networking is unnecessary specifically because either of the social networks; be it dating, friendship, business, all result in positive communication. Personally, I believe that having a site that expresses one's opinion openly could affect that person in the long run, therefore it would not be beneficial at all. For example, if a person buys something from a specific establishment and they were not pleased with the product, they are free to go on this website, www.socialsmack.com, and express their feelings. Yes, even if this website was not created people are still free to express their feelings, which could affect that particular business in a negative way however, I feel as though having a whole website dedicated to negatively impacting people as a whole is certainly not how the founders of the idea of social networking predicted this way of communication should reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment